The DUTCH (Dried Urine Test for Comprehensive Hormones) test is important in functional medicine because it provides valuable information about a patient’s hormone levels and metabolism, which can help identify imbalances contributing to their symptoms or health issues.
Functional medicine is a patient-centered approach to healthcare that addresses the root cause of a patient’s illness rather than simply treating their symptoms. A DUTCH test is a tool that functional medicine practitioners can use to help identify underlying hormonal imbalances and guide personalized treatment plans.
The DUTCH test measures hormone levels and metabolites over 24 hours, which allows for a comprehensive evaluation of hormone function, including estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, cortisol, and melatonin levels, as well as their metabolites.
Nava functional medicine practitioners can develop targeted and personalized treatment plans to address the underlying issues by identifying hormone levels and metabolism imbalances. Nava Health’s personalized plans may involve lifestyle modifications like diet changes, exercise, stress management, targeted supplementation, and hormone replacement therapy.
DUTCH Testing for Women
Millions of women suffer from hormonal imbalances. Whether it is menopause, weight gain, fatigue, low libido, premenstrual symptoms (PMS), mood swings, or depression, these symptoms can lead to more severe problems if misdiagnosed. Identifying the root cause of chronic health issues is correctable, but only if correctly diagnosed.
DUTCH Testing for Men
Over time, men experience a gradual loss of hormones produced in the gonads and adrenal glands. Testosterone and DHEA levels fall, and estrogen levels tend to rise. Male menopause, or what doctors call ‘andropause,’ can create symptoms of weight gain, lower sex drive, depression, hair loss, sleeping troubles, fatigue, and increased prostate cancer risk. Many men feel this is part of getting older and do not know there is a treatment to help them maintain a healthy lifestyle.
The DUTCH test can help monitor and diagnose various health conditions related to hormonal imbalances. Here are some examples:
- Hormonal imbalances: including estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, cortisol, and melatonin.
- Adrenal dysfunction: By measuring cortisol levels and metabolites over 24 hours, which can help identify issues such as adrenal fatigue, adrenal insufficiency, and Cushing’s syndrome.
- Thyroid dysfunction: By measuring thyroid hormone levels and their metabolites, the information can help identify hypothyroidism, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, and Graves’ disease.
- Menopause and perimenopause: Monitoring hormone levels during menopause and perimenopause can provide valuable information for managing symptoms such as hot flashes, mood swings, and sleep disturbances.
- PCOS: Diagnose and monitor polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) by measuring levels of androgens such as testosterone and DHEA.
A DUTCH test is valuable for functional medicine practitioners to monitor and diagnose hormonal imbalances and related health conditions.
Having a Great Experience With Nava Pays Back
If you have a great experience with Nava, spread the word, and you can rack up NavaRewards. With NavaRewards, you’ll receive NavaRewards for every referral who keeps their appointment. Learn more about NavaRewards.