IPL with Lumecca™ by InMode™
Anybody exposed to the sun for long periods will notice brown spots on their face, chest, hands, and other body parts. Other people suffer from rosacea and burst blood vessels. Whether your areas of concern are brown or red, Lumecca can exceed your expectations in getting clear, even skin.
What is Lumecca?
Lumecca is the most powerful intense pulsed light (IPL) to treat pigmented and vascular lesions. After just one use, patients notice significant improvements in the complexion and clarity of the skin. Lumecca operates using photothermolysis, which provides a photo facial by delivering a comfortable light treatment
What are the Benefits?
In just 2-5 sessions Lumecca improves the appearance of:
- Age spots (red/brown pigmentations)
- Vascular lesions such as facial telangiectasias (spider veins) and poikiloderma
- Rosacea (redness)
- Sun damage
What Areas can be treated?
Lumecca can is used on all areas of the body. However, where treatment is most focused are areas of the body most commonly exposed to the sun. These areas often include the face, neck, décolletage, legs, hands, and arms.
What Should I Expect Before and After Lumecca?
- One month before treatment, avoid direct, excessive sun exposure or tanning.
- During treatment, a bright flash of light from the Lumecca will feel like a light elastic sensation.
- Redness and a slight skin warming are normal after treatment and usually subside within an hour.
- Over the next 24-48 hours, you may see a darkening of pigmented spots; in the week afterward, the pigmented lesions flake off, leading to an evening out of skin tone.
- After treating vascular lesions, you may see the vein blanch and disappear or a color change in the vessel, which dissipates after a few days.
How Many Sessions Are Required?
The Lumecca treatment regime depends on the severity of skin damage, skin type, type of treatment (vascular vs. sun damage), and energy settings. On average, it is recommended clients start with 2-5 sessions every 3-4 weeks.
- An improved skin appearance can be noted after the first session.
- Multiple sessions provide even better results.
- Pigmented lesions usually require fewer sessions than vascular lesions.
How Quickly Will I See Results?
Sun damage and skin complexion results can be seen a few days after the first session. The skin will continue to look younger and more brilliant over time, with the most visible results after 1-2 weeks. Having multiple photo facial sessions will improve the outcome. For vascular treatments such as facial telangiectasias, visible results can take up to 2 weeks.