Hormones often associated with women are present in both male and female bodies. But did you know that men also need hormone replacement therapy? As men get older, the testosterone hormone starts to decline, resulting in a number of different symptoms that can impact daily life.
Why Is Testosterone Important?
Testosterone in men plays an essential role in reproductive function, sexual development, bone density, muscle mass, strength, red blood cells, and sperm production. An imbalance of this hormone can cause a dysfunction in the body.
Hormone Imbalance: What Symptoms to Look Out For
When a man has low levels of testosterone in the boy, he may experience any or all of the following symptoms:
- Depression reduced self-confidence and insomnia
- Weight gain, a decline in bone density and muscle mass, and fatigue
- Infertility, lower sex drive, erectile dysfunction, and increased urination
- Brain fog and anxiety
Without a doubt, these symptoms can have a massive impact on your daily life if left untreated.
Types of Hormone Replacement Therapy for Men
Testosterone hormone therapy is one of the most effective treatments for men who have a hormone imbalance. Before deciding to go ahead with the treatment, there are several options to consider. These include:
- Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) via subcutaneous pellets.
- Testosterone pellets provide up to 6 months of sustained optimal testosterone levels.
- Hormone pellet therapy is used to treat other diseases such as diabetes, heart diseases, osteoporosis.
- A hormone injection of Testosterone is administered every two to three weeks.
- Testosterone patches and gel are applied to your shoulders, arms, buttocks, or abdomen each day.
Benefits of Hormone Replacement Therapy for Men
Undoubtedly HRT for men offers several benefits, including:
- Boost libido and improve sex drive
- Increase facial and body hair production
- Stimulate red blood cell production
- Encourage muscle growth and improve workouts
- Boost overall energy levels and help reduce fatigue
Finding the Best Hormone Replacement Therapy for You
Furthermore, research has shown men with unnaturally low levels of testosterone can benefit from hormone therapy. As with any other medical treatments, testosterone therapy carries potential risks and side effects.
You must always consult your healthcare provider to determine the type of treatment you will need, depending on your symptoms and risk factors. Discuss what are the best strategies when it comes to:
- The product and delivery method: Testosterone is administered via pellets, gel, and injection. Everybody is different; hence, discuss all the risks involved with each delivery method before deciding on the products.
- The amount of medication you take: Get an accurate assessment from your healthcare provider to determine the amount of dose you may require or if you need HRT at all.
- Follow up care: During the treatment period and after, continue to seek care from your doctor, observe closely how you react to the treatment, and continue to do testosterone tests and other hormone imbalance tests to prevent future side effects.
- Overall health: Do not be quick to overrule your symptoms. Take care of your mental and physical health through regular exercise, a good diet, and managing emotions and stress.
Above all, if you’re suffering from the damaging effects of hormonal shifts or imbalances you are not alone and you don’t have to suffer.
We Can Help!
Finally, if you suspect you are experiencing the symptoms of a hormone imbalance, the only way to diagnose correctly is to get yourself a hormone Imbalance test.
Navan Health can help! Start with a no-obligation phone consult by contacting us at 800-672-6282 and arrange a hormone test today. Your journey to health starts here!