How to Treat Allergies with Acupressure
With allergy season upon us, here are some quick tips for how you can obtain some home relief using Acupressure techniques. So, with that, let’s look at How to Treat Allergies with Acupressure.
For all the points on the body described here, except for the ones that are in the center of the body or along the midline, press on both sides.
Pressure should be mild to moderate and held for 15 to 30 seconds. You can do these points several times a day for optimal results.
With each location, look for soreness at the point to confirm the exact spot.
- Our first point is located on the top of the foot. Follow the space between the first and second toe onto the top of the foot. Find the sore spot between the two bones and apply mild to moderate pressure, depending on your comfort level.
- Another point is located alongside the nose. You can follow the crease, or laugh line, up from the corner of the lip. There should be a depression next to the nose that you can push into.
- A third point is located at the harder bone part of the nose. Follow the side of the nose up until you feel the bone. Pinching and pulling up slightly can stimulate the point on both sides of the nose.
- Locate our next point by placing the base of your palm on the bridge of your nose. Have your pinky finger line up with your midline, or vertical center line of your forehead. The point is located under the tip of the pinky, likely just past your hairline.
- For this point, put your finger on the base of your skull in the middle (the midline) of where your neck meets your head. Slide your finger towards your ear keeping in contact with the base of your skull. Press anywhere that is sore.
Remember to do the points that aren’t on the midline on both sides of the body or face.
These are just some of the points that an acupuncturist might use for allergy relief or other reasons. The points provided here were chosen because they are the most easily located. To explore and experience the full health benefits of Acupressure, visit a licensed acupuncturist at Nava today! We hope you enjoyed reading and loved learning How to Treat Allergies with Acupressure.