What are Peptides?
Peptides are short chains of 3-40 amino acids that our body naturally produces. These peptides act as signaling molecules in the body, instructing various cells and molecules on what functions to perform. To date, there are more than 7,000 known peptides in the human body, and all of these peptides have a wide range of functions including immune system health, weight loss, improved cognitive function and mood, and so much more.
What is Peptide Therapy?
Although the body naturally produces peptides, the rate of production can vary greatly from one person to another. Additionally, peptide production has been shown to decline with age. This is where peptide therapy can play a pivotal role in health optimization. Peptide therapy is the utilization of peptides to direct cells to perform the function specific to the peptide being used. Because our body produces many different types of peptides, there are many different types of peptide therapy available. Each peptide therapy is used clinically to trigger a specific function within the body.
Who can benefit from Peptide Therapy?
The body is already familiar with peptides as it produces and uses them in natural biological processes. Therefore, the effects of peptide therapy are specific and typically without unwanted side effects. Nava peptides are bio-identical, meaning they have the exact same structure as the peptides already naturally synthesized by the body. Because they are bio-identical and naturally occurring in the body, most people could benefit from peptide therapy.
Symptoms of a Peptide Deficiency:
As we age, our natural production of the essential amino acids needed to produce peptides declines. Decreased amino acid production can result in a variety of symptoms including:
- Excess body fat, especially at the mid-section
- Increased heat/cold sensitivity
- Reduction in muscle and lean body mass
- Decreased exercise tolerance
- Reduction in bone density
Benefits of Peptide Therapy:
- Increase production of Human Growth Hormone (HGH)
- Boost energy
- Improve skin elasticity
- Build muscle
- Optimize physical and athletic performance
- Burn fat
- Promote weight loss
- Repair damaged muscles and tendons
- Increase sex drive
- Enhance quality of sleep and combat insomnia
- Enhance calcium retention
- Improve memory and cognitive focus
- Resolve depression and anxiety
- Improve immune function
What types of Peptide Therapy does Nava offer?
CJC 1295 + Ipamorelin
With virtually no side effects, Ipamorelin is one of the safest, most effective forms of Growth Hormone (GH) restoration, widely used to support age management, disease management, sports performance, and GH deficiency treatment protocols. Benefits include:
- Builds collagen and tightens skin to reduce wrinkles
- Promotes fat burning and weight loss
- Accelerates healing and recovery
- Improves quality of sleep and overall mood
- Enhances cognitive function
- Increases lean muscle mass
- Boosts the immune system
BPC-157 is short for “body protection compound”. This powerful healing peptide significantly speeds up the healing process for a variety of tissues, from muscles and tendons to your gut and your brain. Benefits include:
- Accelerates muscle and tendon healing
- Reduces arthritic pain
- Decreases inflammation
- Promotes collagen production
- Repairs lean tissue
- Improves intestinal health
- Heals the gut lining
- Enhances GABA neurotransmission which promotes relaxation and reduces anxiety
- Counteracts the effects of Parkinson’s disease
Thymosin Alpha-1 (TA1) is a potent immune boosting peptide. TA1 is utilized to optimize the performance of your immune health and improve general wellness by preventing infections such as the common cold and the flu. Benefits include:
- Enhances functionality of T cells and dendritic cells, key components of the immune system
- Suppresses tumor growth
- Protective against oxidative damage
- Helps to eliminate unhealthy cells and stop infection
Exhibits antibacterial and antifungal properties
This content has been approved by Nava’s Medical Director Dr. Lord.
After graduating from Loma Linda University Medical School in California, Dr. Lord completed his residency program at George Washington University in Washington D.C. Since then, he has acquired over 40 years practicing OB/GYN, continually adding a more holistic approach to his care. He has been studying integrative medicine for over 15 years, and has guided Nava since the beginning, as we continually add the latest new technology to improve health and anti-aging options.