The IV Drip Therapy that we know today goes back to the 1960s when the famous Myers Cocktail was invented. In recent years IV therapy has caught on in the media like wildfire. Getting IV Therapy may seem like something that is out of your reach, but IV Drip Therapy is not just for stars- and it isn’t just a hangover cure. IV Therapy is the fastest way to replenish your body’s vital nutrients and can be found in doctors’ offices, wellness centers, and spas across the world.
Where Does the Term IV Come From?
IV stands for intravenous, which means inside the veins.
What Is IV Drip Therapy?
Intravenous IV therapy delivers fluids directly into the bloodstream. For instance, an IV bag releases a steady drip of saline solution and nutrients into a tube inserted into your arm with a needle or catheter. As a result, your body receives and absorbs essential nutrients faster.
Of course, the IV solution nutrients are chosen based on what your body needs or the benefits you desire.
What Are the Benefits of IV Drip Therapy?
Intravenous therapy has been used to successfully address many conditions, including:
- Cold and flu symptoms
- Hangover and headache relief
- Brain fog
- Chronic fatigue
- Immune system strengthening
- Optimal athletic performance and recovery
What Does the IV Bag Contain?
It depends on the condition that you want to treat, the needs of the patient, and the benefits desired. Some IV drips contain salts and electrolytes, while others contain sugars, antioxidants, and vitamins.
At NAVA, we have a menu of standard IV Therapy cocktails that are based on specific benefits, but we can also customize an IV Drip specifically for your needs.
For example, here are our favorite IV Micronutrient Therapy Options:
- Myers Cocktail – Wellness IV: This is a formula originally developed by a Johns Hopkins physician to support the immune system and fight fatigue.
- Cold & Flu IV: The ultimate winter treatment. This IV delivers a high dose of Vitamin C, which helps combat cold and flu-like symptoms.
- Rapid Recovery IV: The famous hangover IV cure contains ingredients that deliver an energy boost and rehydrate your body to get you back on your feet.
- Detox IV: Formulated with the antioxidant glutathione to help cleanse your liver and help you detox.
- Defense IV: Replenish your electrolytes and boost your immune system with extra vitamin C and zinc.
- Revitalize IV: Replenish your body with electrolytes and immune-boosting vitamins.
- Immunity IV: Boost your immune system and facilitate the removal of toxins.
- Anti-Aging IV: Protect your cells from the effects of the aging process.
- Total Rejuvenation IV: The ultimate rejuvenating IV loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Total Wellness IV: The ultimate wellness IV containing vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to support immunity and detoxification.
- Peak Performance IV: Help your body recover from strenuous physical activities with the perfect combination of amino acids
How Long Does IV Drip Therapy Take?
IV drip therapy takes around 30 to 45 minutes total. The session includes completing some quick forms before treatment as well as a brief health assessment.
Is IV Drip Therapy Safe?
Yes, but you want to choose where you have it performed wisely. In other words, do your due diligence and make sure that the facility and providers are certified medical professionals.
3 Essential Questions to Ask Before You Make an Appointment for IV drip Therapy
Who will be administering the IV drip?
IV administration at a minimum should be done by a registered nurse with guidance from a medical director or doctor.
Will my health history be evaluated prior to the drip?
Your provider needs to know about any medical conditions, medicines, and allergies before the session.
Are the nutrients FDA-approved?
Of course, you should double-check that all of the vitamins and nutrients that are used have been FDA-approved.
Are There Side Effects?
IV drip therapy has next to no side effects. For instance, the most common side effect you may experience is a short-lived warm flushing sensation and increased thirst. Although, these are typically very easy to manage and subside quickly after the session.
However, on occasion, you may experience some bruising, discomfort, itching, or inflammation, redness at or around the injection site. This could last only minutes or up to several days. While allergic reactions are extremely rare.
How Often Should You Get IV Drip Therapy?
It depends on what you are using it for. If you have a chronic condition, coming in regularly, 1-2 times each month would be your best bet. If you are trying not to get sick before the big meeting, then one visit may be all you need. Each individual has their own needs, so we recommend that you talk with your provider about what the best timing is for you.
Why Choose IV Drip Therapy Over Oral Supplements?
Oral supplements go through a complex and inefficient process before they get into the bloodstream. For example, they have to go through a layer of cells that isn’t easy for them to get through. Some of the vitamins never make it to the bloodstream.
In order to transport vitamins effectively, your intestinal tract must be healthy. Absorption can be limited by several factors, including:
- Chronic alcohol use
- Leaky gut
- Inflammatory conditions, including diabetes and Crohn’s disease
An IV drip delivers 100 % of each vitamin directly into your bloodstream, totally bypassing the digestive system. The absorption rate is much better, and you get a higher concentration of vitamins than you can get by “taking your vitamins.” In fact, many people notice that they get an immediate boost right after the session from increased hydration and the effects of the nutrients kick in shortly after.
Take Charge of Your Health!
Don’t settle for constant pain, fatigue, frequent bouts of cold, slow recovery time, or a weak immune system. Take charge of your health today!
From headache relief to increased stamina and energy to immune and detoxification support, the benefits of IV Therapy can impact your health in ways you never imagined. And with our customized treatment plans, each dosage is carefully controlled and tailored to meet your specific needs. Call us to schedule your quick appointment.